Thursday 22 October 2015

studio set up experiment-still life

I took some still life photographs in the studio yesterday. I found light can have a dramatic effect on the photographs. The quality of the photographs surprised me. I used the biggest aperture I can and changed the shutter speed according to the light. Here are a few which without any editing apart from a little cropping on some of them. The studio light is a lot better than the ceiling light.






I switched off all the lights, used my mobile touch, I got some really black background. Compare with this, the studio light is softer and warmer. 




I tried to use a really long shutter speed, switched off all the lights, then switched my mobile touch on and off to try to get some duplicate images, but I did not really work well. 


I put a piece of glass on top of the black paper to try to get a reflection. But I don't think i get a good composition.


I edited a few, I found there was not much I can do.




In general, I am really happy with the quality of the studio set up photographs. I learned how to use light to create different feelings. But I am not sure if this is the kind of photograph I want. 


No comments:

Post a Comment