Friday 18 September 2015

Start of Location Photography

We started Location Photography yesterday. I was looking forward to do this unit this year and wish to learn a bit more about photography.  We were given one hour to take 6 to 10 photos. When I have the camera in my hand, i can feel that I was wishing to take photos. And it was not like when I was in level 2. Since we were not allowed to even view the photos we took, I found it was really hard to decide if you really want to take that photo. When I found something which looked interesting, I have to keeping changing position and view point to get a better composition.  I could not make the view point low enough unless I lie on the ground on my tummy which of course I did not.  I found when taking photos this way, it forces you to think more and consider more. I think it is a good practice. I was quite happy with the photos I took without any editing.

When I edited them just use iphoto, I can see the obvious difference e diting can bring.

This is before and after. I did not do much, only crop it a little and brighten it up a bit.


 This was the first photo I took. I spotted this view when I was in the classroom, thought the color could be nice to make an image.


 When seen it on computer, found the colors were not bright enough as I thought. Tried to brighten it up, but I did not feel the colors works well together. So I changed it to black and white and quite liked the effect.


Naill showed me how to split channel on Photoshop. I found it was really interesting. This one is only on grey channel. Thought it is quite interesting.


This is the original photo I took. It is inside of a ceiling light. I zoomed in the camera and found the image appeared was very interesting. Because it was zoomed in quite a lot, and it was difficult to hold the camera steady. It was quite hard to get the right part of the light which I want to take. I was quite happy with this image without any editing.


I changed the color on iphoto to black and white.


Got these a few photos when I played around on Photoshop, changed the colors in different channels.



 

This is the original photo. As I said I could not get the view point low enough as I wish. otherwise I could get more depth. I did not see the little thing on the right in the viewfinder when took the photo.


Changed the direction on iphoto and cropped that little thing out. 


Made this one on Photoshop, thought it is quite interesting.


I aimed the camera to a big pipe and saw the light came in from the other side, thought that might be interesting. I did not notice the lines inside until I saw the photo on computer. 
 
Here are some changes I made. Not quite sure, the light maybe too bight.



Saw the sun shone through the leaves, tried different position and got this one. 


 Cropped it and adjusted the color, again , i think the sun is too bright.


Cropped it more and changed the colors on iphoto, quite like the effect.



  

Again, split the channels on Photoshop, adjusted the colors, thought this a few images are really interesting. It will be nice to make a notebook cover, or wrapping papers.





The last one I took was the sky through the glass. I don's think it works. So I did not do anything to it.


But see it now, it gives me an idea. I can try to take a photo of the cloud when it is sunny and see what Photoshop can do to the colors.
 
 















No comments:

Post a Comment