Wednesday 23 September 2015

Humphrey Weightman

Humphrey Weightman  is a graphic designer. His talk was quite long, his voice was not quite laud enough for so many people I think. Even if I was sitting right next to him, I needed to listen really hard to be able to understand him. But, there was a kind of strong energy  came from him as a whole which you do not see very often from a 69 year old man. That is something really stunning I think in such an age, he is still working and working with high enthusiasm. He still loves his job which he had done for so many years. This is a very positive impression I got from his talk.

I like the simplicity of his work. But I am not so into graphic design, especially typesetting for books etc. So some of his work was not really attract me as much. But I was really appreciated  that he can use his own time come to college talk to students, tell us his experiences and his mistakes. I can feel clearly his positive attitude towards work. This is very important not only for a graphic designer, but also to really very kind of job. It was very interesting when he showed us how to let people choose. I think it is a very useful skill in life. I remember it now. It will come to handy when I need it! And again, displine, displine, which I know I am lack of.

 This is another good thing to listen to people who has success in different fields.  It is not just about their prefessions. There are lots of other things we can learn. It makes you see yourself more.

No comments:

Post a Comment