Thursday 8 May 2014

More thought about portfolio

Seen Kirsty's portfolio today which is very impressive. I like her work from which you can feel she has very strong ideas to express herself which I think I am lack of.

 For the portfolio itself, I think the work you choose to show and how to display them are very important. The first image is very important I think, it is the beginning of showing your work, it will give the people who seeing your portfolio the first impression about your work. This needs to be carefully selected. When you open Kirsty's portfolio, a very striking image appeared in front of your eyes, which mounded on a large white board. The board is rather large for the image, but it made the image so clearly stand out to your eyes. The whole portfolio is showing one idea, the direction is very clear, Especially with Kirsty's explanation. It is a very good portfolio.

Naill explained about the fine art and two types of artists. Before I thought I don't have a lot of ideas about art. Like Kirsty, she wants to express herself. But I don't feel that strongly on myself. Good to know there is other type of artists. Think I maybe need more directions. Hope this will come more clear with time pass!

No comments:

Post a Comment