Thursday 19 December 2013

Picasso

I recently copied a few Picasso's drawings. Because I need to the PowerPoint, I had to study a bit more about Picasso. Then I found, the more I look into his work, the more I see, the more I like it. At the very beginning when I was introduced to Cubism. I was so confused. I could understand nothings. I don't understand why he wanted draw and paint like that, I couldn't see the beauty, I couldn't understand why now his work worth millions of pounds. I couldn't even tell what can be called art and what can not.

I took the advise and listened a few of Grayson Perry's lecture. There are quite long and some of the words he used were quite hard for me. But yes, I managed to understand what he wants to say and that was really helpful to all my questions.

This is the good thing to be in college. You are not just learning some knowledge, you are also getting those valuable information which allow you to explore more.

Here are the my drawings. To draw them really helped me to understand more about Cubism. There is no way I can know how the ideas came to Picasso's head. But at least I can see they are beautiful. And for such a great artist, it is not just a few months in college can make you understand him and his work. Let's start here!





 




No comments:

Post a Comment